90 E. Civic Center Drive, Gilbert, AZ 85296
This application is for businesses located at a residence within the Gilbert Town limits.
The application fee for a standard business license is $35. The primary contact for applications submitted online will be contacted within 2 business days to make a credit card payment over the phone. All fees are non-refundable.
Standard processing time is 7-10 business days. The Town of Gilbert has a maximum of 30 days to process business license applications.
Incomplete applications or those received without the required supplemental information will not be processed.
This is a Home-Based Business. A business is considered Home-Based if it is run out of a residential property.
Please go to https://gilbertaz.seamlessdocs.com/f/standardlicense to complete the Standard Business License Application
Home Occupation Guidelines
1. A home occupation use may only be conducted within the dwelling unit or an accessory structure and must be incidental to the principal use of the dwelling unit for residential purposes.
2. A Business License is required for all home-based businesses.
3. Other than family members residing within the dwelling unit, there shall be no more than one full-time employee working at a home occupation.
4. There shall be no signs, display of merchandise or products in trade, outdoor storage of materials or any other exterior indication of a home occupation.
5. A home occupation use shall not produce noise, odors, vibrations, glare, dust, fumes or electrical interference.
6. The use and/or storage of any flammable or toxic chemicals except for normal household usage, is prohibited.
7. A home occupation use shall not generate vehicular or truck traffic in greater volume than normally expected in the residential district.
8. All parking for the home occupation use shall be on-site and comply with LDC Article 4.2: Off-Street Parking and Loading Regulations. https://www.gilbertaz.gov/home/showdocument?id=8473
9. At no time shall the property in which a home occupation use is located be used as a headquarters for the assembly of employees for instruction or other purposes, including dispatch to other locations.
10. All home-based businesses shall complete a Wastewater Questionnaire.
Business Licenses are reviewed on a case to case basis. If there are any questions regarding the type of business proposed within a dwelling unit, please call Development Services at 480-503-6700.
I have read and understand the above Home Occupation Guidelines.
Check all that apply
Licensing Eligibility - Required for Individual or Sole Proprietor Only
According to the Legal Arizona Workers Act (A.R.S. 41-1080), specific documentation is required to issue a business license if your business ownership type is identified as an Individual, Sole Proprietorship, or Husband and Wife business. Before your license can be approved, you must provide a copy of one of the following documents indicating your presence in the United States is authorized under federal law (if applying as Husband and Wife both individuals must provide documentation).
This provision does not apply to an individual, if all of the following apply:
The individual is a citizen of a foreign country, or, if at the time of application, the individual resides in a foreign country.
The benefits that are related to the license do not require the individual to be present in United States in order to receive those benefits.
Please select the appropriate box below indicating lawful presence.
Business Mailing Address
Primary Contact Name
Address for Physical Location of Business
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is the standard used by Federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments for the purpose of collecting, analyzing, and publishing statistical data related to the U.S. business economy.
For help identifying the appropriate code for your business, please visit http://www.census.gov/eos/www/naics/
Will there be deliveries at the home?
Is This a Daycare?
Will You be handling firearms? Any business handling firearms needs to provide a copy of their Federal Firearms License (FFL) through the Department of the Treasury – Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms at the time of submittal with the Home Occupation Applicant Address.
Wastewater is discharged via
Does your facility contain any photographic or x-ray development processes on site?
Does your facility have a Grease Trap or Grease Interceptor on site?
The Town wishes to notify all applicants of certain rights the applicant has related to the issuance of a license.
Arizona Revised Statues, Chapter 7, Article 4
9-834. Prohibited acts by municipalities and employees; enforcement; notice
A. A municipality shall not base a licensing decision in whole or in part on a licensing requirement or condition that is not specifically authorized by statute, rule, ordinance or code. A general grant of authority does not constitute a basis for imposing a licensing requirement or condition unless the authority specifically authorizes the requirement or condition.
B. Unless specifically authorized, a municipality shall avoid duplication of other laws that do not enhance regulatory clarity and shall avoid dual permitting to the maximum extent practicable.
C. This section does not prohibit municipal flexibility to issue licenses or adopt ordinances or codes.
D. A municipality shall not request or initiate discussions with a person about waiving that person's rights.
E. This section may be enforced in a private civil action and relief may be awarded against a municipality. The court may award reasonable attorney fees, damages and all fees associated with the license application to a party that prevails in an action against a municipality for a violation of this section.
F. A municipal employee may not intentionally or knowingly violate this section. A violation of this section is cause for disciplinary action or dismissal pursuant to the municipality's adopted personnel policy.
G. This section does not abrogate the immunity provided by section 12-820.01 or 12-820.02.